Civil Litigation and Insolvency
The firm's primary aim is to help clients, mainly leading multinationals and financial institutions, to avoid litigation wherever possible. When litigation is unavoidable, the Firm undertakes Litigation and provides Clients with Litigation, Counseling including National and International Arbitrations.
We have represented Clients in a wide range of civil matters relating particularly to Banking, Unfair dismissal, International Trade, Intellectual Trade, Intellectual Property, Maritime, Tax matters and Winding-up Proceedings. Some of our Landmark Cases that have been decided before the Supreme Court in our clients' favour include the following:
- Odutola V. Papersack (Nig) Ltd. (2006) 18 NWLR (pt 1012) 470.
- Longe V. First Bank of Nigeria PLC (2010) 6 NWLR (pt 1189) 1 S.C.
- Ifegwu V. F.R.N (2001) 13 NWLR (pt 729) 103.
- Afro-Cont. Ltd V. Co-op. Assoc. of Prof. Inc (2003) 5 NWLR (pt 813) 303.
- Adesanya V. Olayeni (1999) 2NWLR (pt 592) 558.
- Texaco Panama Inc. v. Shell P.D.C.N. Ltd. (2002) 5 NWLR (Pt.759) 211
- Trade Bank Plc. v. Benilux (Nig.) Ltd.  9 NWLR (PT.825)416